See how you do on the following questions. The particular page in this tutorial where the answers can be found is below each set of questions. Good luck!
1. What is the difference between the following terms: chromatin, chromosomes, DNA, gene.
DNA, CHROMOSOMES AND GENES
2. What is a polynucleotide?
3. Diagram a typical nucleotide and name the three principle parts.
COMPOSITION OF NUCLEIC ACIDS
4. Nucleosides differ from nucleotides in what way?
5. There are five Nitrogen bases in nucleic acids. Name them and group them according to their structure. Which of the five bases is found only in RNA and which base does it substitute?
6. Draw a ribose and a deoxyribose sugar side-by-side and highlight what makes them different. Identify the carbon atoms in your diagrams by their proper number.
7. Summarize the differences between DNA and RNA.
8. Between what two atoms do ester bonds occur?
9. What types of bonds join individual nucleotides WITHIN a single DNA strand?
10. What does the term "antiparallel" mean when applied to a DNA double helix? Why is this term necessary?